First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Hey family,
So I thought I would start my letter with my experience last night. We got out late from an investigator last night and we were about two miles away from home. Early in the week we found a foosball table in the trash and we decided to take it home. The problem was we were two miles away and going to be late home. It wasn't a full size so one of us could carry it by ourselves. So we took turns running with the table until we got home. It was pretty funny to watch people's faces as we ran past them with a foosball table on our back. I don't know if you can picture it but it was a very funny experience. We are going to have a lot of fun with that on our p-days.
The same investigator we saw last night had a date for this Sunday. Her brother in law is very active and her husband is less active. But she doesn't feel ready yet so we will have to put it off for a while. The problem is she is going to DR soon for a while so I don't know how things are going to work out. We both got the impression that she has some sins hasn't repented of so we are going to try to help her as best we can. I'm sorry I don't write more about my investigators. It seems like we get new ones and drop old ones so fast it's hard to fill you in when they aren't progressing a lot. I will tell you about the good ones we find and those who will get baptized.
One of our trainings was on inspired questions that we could ask people to spark there interest and I had a good experience with that yesterday. We were tracking building and I asked a lady if she knew what God's purpose for her in this life. She said she had just been thinking about that last week and also said that we were a sign to her that God answers her prayers. She sounded pretty cool and hopefully we will be able to set up something with her next week.
My Spanish is coming along well and Elder Christiansen are working hard to improve. We have picked out times when we will only speak Spanish during the week and it's been a lot of fun to be able to just talk to any Hispanic on the street and have a conversation. Our teaching skills are also improving and I can see how far we have come along.
I'm doing great and I love the life as a missionary. Me and my companion are really learning a lot and well. In all the movies were you see a ghetto city that's the kind of city I live in. It's really diverse and different and everyone is gangster but I'm having a great time. I hope I don't come back and want to be a gangster but I'm not too worried about that. I love you all and hope you are doing great. I'm proud of what you're all doing and keep up the great work!
Elder Sorensen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Elder, you sound fantasic. I'm glad that you Spanish is coming along. I'm sure it will continue to. For goodness' sake, you've only been out for seven months! You're probably doing FABULOUS! keep it up. Let us know if you need anything!

-nick, deb and claire

Krista Sorensen said...

Elder:

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful sister-in-law who made this possible! We all send our love to you each day and in every prayer.

mom