First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hey family,

We had a great week with a lot of hard work and success. I am still really enjoying the Bronx and loving the missionary life. We also had a good week and church with three of our investigators to church and we will be getting some with dates soon. Elder Christianson and I are doing the best we can and working hard to be the best missionaries we can. It has been hard for two young missionaries with teaching and planning and all that but we are improving fast and doing better every day.

We had one investigator whose name isJM come to church and then a baptism right after church. That's a long time but I think he really liked it and our last appointment he asked what he had to do to get baptized. We are teaching him tonight and will be giving him a date for March. We are also teaching an old investigator named R who came to the last few hours of church and the baptism. He also liked church the only problem is he is so busy and his dad hates Mormons. We are still working with M but we are trying to give her some room so she can warm up to us and want to be baptized. We also got a sweet Peruvian family for the ZLs. The husband was baptized a long time ago and hasn't been to church for a long time. He has a wife and two young kids and the wife has done a lot of good reading in the BoM.

We have been teaching this less active family named the R and there family has shown a lot of progress. There is a 22 year old who has been going to church every week and even to some appointments with us. Now he wants to go on a mission which is just awesome. They have shown a lot of improvement and hopefully we can do that with more families.

I feel like my Spanish is coming along well enough but I think I can do better and try harder. I need to step things up a bit and work harder. There are a lot of little things I can do better with but little by little I am improving. I know the Savior has made it possible for me to improve so I am doing the best I can to rely on Him and put my faith in him.

I didn't get to see the pictures for whatever reason they didn't come up, but as for some boy taking over my role as big brother tell him no way. That's my job and they can't date until I'm there to approve. As for the blog, I'm sorry to say but I'm not supposed to use websites other than this one. For the b-day those perfect pushups would be great. You can get them at Wal-Mart for about 20. Well I've got to run my companion is waiting for me. Sorry for not writing enough. Love you guys.

Elder Sorensen

No comments: