First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5.5.10

Hey Family,

How's everyone? I am doing really well and our area is really taking off. We have two baptisms this sat from the Rodriguez part member family. Also we set a baptismal date with Delmira, our tall domican. We were talking about Alma 32 with the whole seed thing and as we were talking about her testimony she compared herself to a flower who was about to bloom.(get baptized) She said that she just faulted a little more "water."

The branch is really excited to have two more missionaries because we split the area. They have given us a ton of referrals and told us about a ton of part member families. I guess out of the 7ish young women who come to all of the activities, one of them is baptized. This area should do very well in the next few months.

My companion's name is Elder Ames who is from Arizona and goes home one cycle after I do. I have served around him before, he was one of my district leaders in North Manhattan. He really likes to work hard and he is very humble and a spiritual giant. I am sure it will be an amazing cycle and he will probably be the elder to "kill" me off.

So we had a super weird week with not one normal day. Between moving, cleaning and cars breaking down; I am a little tired. We had two different cars break down on us Sunday and Monday and we are currently without a car. I don't really know what we are going to do. lol Don't worry, it's not my fault!

On Thursday we had the most trunky experiance of my mission life. We got up super early to help drive all of the missionaries leaving, back to the airport. The whole drive my stomach was going crazy. And then we had to drive all around, Queens, Brooklyne, South Mahattan, I saw everything, to drop of one missionary to meet his parents. When he got of of the car his mom did a little jump up and down and then gave him a big hug. It was super wierd. It was cool I got to see a ton of stuff though.

Well I am out of time, I hope you are all doing well. I will keep little Clair in my prayers and I hope she does better. I remember I went through a lot of the same problems when I was younger. I should be calling at 8 sunday night. love you got to go!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: