First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

7.7.10

Family!

Man, I don't know what to write anymore! Anything that has happened will be so much cooler to say in person, because we will be able to do that in a few weeks! I got your letters, thanks for writing me so consistently! I'm glad Brent has got himself a little girlfriend. It will be cool to hang out with him again, man I wish Griff was there too. I guess he is in a better place. lol

So the mission through a huge party for me before I go home! Well I guess it wasn't exactly just for me but it was still a lot of fun and I got to see the whole mission one last time before I go home. It is very rare when the whole mission gets together. It was a big Hawaiian Lu Aow, however you spell that. It was really good and they had some of the missionaries from the Pacific Islands put on a show for us, it was really cool.

So it has been SUPER hot around here! On Tuesday down in central park they had a record breaker of 103. It's not very fun to walk around in this, I feel bad you guys are coming here in this heat. This morning isn't as bad because there is some good clouds and rain. Hopefully we will have a cool streak here next week.

On Saturday, I couldn't believe we actually got permission to do this, we went up state about and hour and a half to the branch camp out. We spent all morning fishing, eating really good food and playing soccer. Spanish people know how to camp! We got back around 4:00. It was super fun and really weird at the same time, I didn't really feel like a missionary, I was having too much fun! I got a lot of sun and have a pretty good farmer's tan again. lol

Delmira, our recent convert is doing super well. She is now the RS secretary, been to the temple and bore a powerful testimony last Sunday. It is so amazing to hear the testimony of a recent convert. She is going to help build this kingdom so much! Adela is also doing really well. She is studying the Bible and BOM (Book of Mormon) a lot recently and learning a ton. She discovered for herself why worshiping the saints is so bad and she really understood. It's amazing what people can learn by themselves after receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Well I think that's about it for now. I have to work on my obituary for president! lol Present asks us to write a mission experience letter to him before our exit interview. I love you all so much and I 'm grateful for such an amazing family. I love you all and I will see you in less than two weeks!

Elder Sorensen

PS. Mom-Please thank the Farvers profusely for their generosity. I will have to do something for them when I get home. Love you.

No comments: