First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

05.07.09

We'll be talking with Daniel this Sunday. If any of you have any questions for him, send them to me via e-mail and I'll send you his response Sunday afternoon.
-K.

Family,

Hey everyone- how's it going? Well I had a great week with a total of 22 lessons which is really great. The standard of excellence for number of lessons taught is 20 so this week we did better than excellent on lessons taught. We also did really well with other goals in which we had. We had three at church which is great but Fa**y and J**ith didn't come so that was a little frustrating.

I am really learning a lot of patience teaching Fa**y. She was supposed to be baptized this coming Sunday but she wants to wait a little longer so I'm not sure when that will be. She is ready she just needs to feel ready so we are doing all we can to help her and try to be patient. We need to work on getting over to her house more often but we are doing our best. J**ith is also giving us a hard time she cancelled our appointment last week and then skipped church. We know she is really busy but she has to make time for Heavenly Father so we are going to give her a nice talk.

We are teaching this really cool Dominican family right now who was a media referral. They are really cool and they came to church last Sunday which was great. They also fed us a really good Dominican breakfast last Saturday. They both have a really good understanding of the Restoration and Plan of Salvation and so hopefully they will keep reading and coming to church so they can get baptized next month. They have a date for the end of June.

Last Saturday we had a great miracle in finding a part member family street contacting on the way home from the day. Elder Smith contacted them and after the husband started telling us that they were catholic and happy ect. The wife told him that our lessons were really nice and that our church is perfect for there little girl. So they set up a appointment with us for the next day. When we taught them we found out that she was baptized six years ago and since moving here, lost contact with the church. The husband accepted a date for the end of June and they are really sweet. He read the pamphlet we gave him the same night and was excited to read the Book of Mormon.

We are really working hard to find families and more dates for June and July. Elder Smith and I have been working really hard and are excited by all the results we have been getting. I am afraid I will be transferred before I see the fruit of all of my hard work here. But I guess Heavenly Father knows what he is doing so I should trust Him. We have had a good time and had some really good trainings on how to find more new investigators and be a better teacher. We have been working on teaching when we find rather than setting up appointments later. It is a lot harder than it seems because you really have to be persuasive to the people to get into there home after talking to them for two minutes. But we did a really good job with it last week and I am excited for this week.

I am doing really well and I am excited to talk to you guys this Sunday. I won't have a lot of time but I will try to call around 4 my time 2 your time. I hope that is ok with your church schedule. I think you have early morning church but I don't remember. I'm glad your trip to Utah went well and you had fun with Clair. I love you all and I will talk to you this Sunday!

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You mentioned in your last email that you might be transfered before you were able to "see the fruits of your labors" as well as this one. Last time, Nick mentioned that it was super common to have that happen to him. He even remembered to tell me a story about a family that he'd mostly forgotten, but had come to love. I guess that's a common issue. I had no idea. Good luck, I'm sure you'll at least HEAR what happens with them. We love you! Take care!