First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Friday, May 1, 2009

4.30.09

Hey family!

Hey we had a great week and not a bad start to this week. The Yankee's game was a lot of fun even though it rained the whole time! It was a lot of fun to get together with all of those missionaries and the stadium was amazing. While you guys have been seeing winter I got a taste of summer this last weekend. It was above ninety on Sunday and because it so humid here it was miserable. I can't wait for summer!
We had a really good week and our whole zone hit standard of five new investigators last week. Elder Smith and I only had two news by Saturday so we were praying big time to get some more. We ended up having a amazing day on Saturday and we got four new investigators that day.

We also had a really great experience and miracle with new investigators Sunday too. Our zone leaders were pushing us all to get five news this week and only a few companionships didn't have them by Sunday morning so Elder Smith and I volunteered to go help one of them out. Because their area was so far away we only had twenty minutes to find two news. Elder Smith and I split up with them and started tracking buildings. The first English person Elder Smith knocked on let them in and they taught a ten minute restoration. All the buildings I tried to get into were locked but I saw this couple sitting outside so I decide to go talk to them. The Elder I was with and I taught them both right there outside starting and ending with a prayer and so within twenty minutes we found three news for these two elders. It was a really cool miracle and it was great to see.

Monday was a great third day in a row when we had six sit down lessons and two new investigators, one from a old investigator who didn't want the missionaries to come back and one from a member referral. It was three really great days in a row and I feel really grateful for all that Heavenly Father has given me. This is also going to be a great week because of the great start and we have mission conference on Thursday.

So I have to give a big shout out and congrats to everyone! First off, congrats to Nick for graduating! That is really cool and I'm sure the Lord will bless you with a great job after graduation. Congrats to Deb and Clair for the first teeth! Soon she will be walking! Congrats to Greg for making the dance team! You continue to amaze me with all of the stuff you are doing and I know that that team is no small thing so congrats! Mom congrats on being the best mother to ever exist and doing everything that you amazing! Congrats Dad for doing such a good job as a bishop and not going crazy at home! Congrats Mandee and Savanna for yet another school play and doing so well in school, keep it up!

It sounds like you are all doing amazing and I am proud of all of you. Being on a mission has really helped me grow to have an appreciation for my family. Keep working hard and remember if you're not moving forward you are moving backwards! I love you all and hope you have a great week. Sorry I have to cut it short I've run out of time on the computer. I love you all have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: