First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

6.11.09



Hey, here are some pics from the baptism.
Fa**y and her family and Chri**ian and the Me*ia family!
Family!

Hey family it's been nice to hear from you all and know that you had a great trip to Utah. It sounds like you are all doing so well and loving life. I had a great week with some trials and some blessings. I am trying to see more blessing than trials but I also know that blessings come from trials.

Our focus this week was to work with our members and try to take them out with us more often. We had a goal of 7 member presents and planned well for it but between the members and the investigators we fell really short of our goal. We learned a lot from last week and are trying to plan ahead to have more success.

One of our investigators named Mi**el finally came to church last week and he really loved it. He has been hanging on to his Catholic church for a long time and he still is, but coming to church was a huge step for him. We are really trying to teach him the doctrine of our church so he can see the need to be baptized again. Keeping things simple and clear are really going to help him understand better.

Dan**la, our date for the end of the month has been imposable to get a hold of this week but she still came to church last week. This is her third week in a row coming to church which is great but we still have to help her find time to have us teach her. There is a lot to teach and she isn't leaving us a whole lot of time. Hopefully things will work out and she will be baptized this month or the next.

We are pushing forward as best we can to find new and better investigators. We are really trying to give everything we can to turn our will to His. This is Elder Smith's last cycle so I am doing everything I can to help him see some miracles before he goes home. We are expecting miracles and I know they will come according to our faith.

So it sounds like you are all doing great and I am doing amazing. There is no place I would rather be and I am eager to see some more success. Thank you for all of your support and prayers, the people in the Bronx definitely need them. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Sorensen

PS. Dad, I didn't actually go out with that hair cut! lol
PPS. Happy Birthday Mandee! I can't believe your 16 and still alive. I hope you had a great day and a fun time at EFY. Don't let that spiritual high go away and always remember what you learned. Your big brother loves you a lot and actually thinks of you often. If you ever need my advice on anything you can write any time! Elder Sorensen

No comments: