First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6.23.09



Family!

Hey every one how's life? It was so cool to get hear about Griff's mission call! I am really excited for him. I haven't met too many people from Uruguay but I know they have a really cool accent and drink this tea called Mate. I think it tastes like alfalfa but whatever. And the fact that he is going to the Argentina MTC is sweet. Oh man he is going to have a lot of fun.

I had a really good week as usual with ten with member lessons. That is the most I've ever gotten and it is double standard of excellence. Still struggling getting people to church, but we are really focusing on it and learning a lot about how to teach people.

This past cycle has really past by fast and I can't keep track of time anymore. My companion goes home in a few weeks via car which is actually a funny story.His family wants to take a month long road trip home looking at every church history site, temple and grave yard they can find. The problem is they can't find a twelve passenger van for all of them to come so they are looking at buying a very cheap one that will probably break down on the way. My companion is kind of stressing out about it and I think it is really funny. Well at least he's not looking forward to being done! (Don't get any ideas mom! lol)

We have another baptism this Saturday with Dan**la and some of the other missionary's investigator. Teaching Dan**la may have looked easy because she came to church every Sunday, fed us lots of food and accepted whatever we taught her but it was a huge challenge. She doesn't work because she has a foot problem but because she has such a big heart she is always helping people and never had time to sit down with us. It was a huge challenge being patient enough to adapt to her up in the air schedule and I really had to humble myself to make sure she was ready to be baptized. I had to make sure we weren't going to baptize a less active and so we had to really question her and ourselves. There is the temptation of just wanting another baptism verse really converting someone. But we worked everything out and Elder Smith and I feel very comfortable baptizing her this Saturday and we are very excited.

We also made some really big steps with Mig**l. This whole time he hasn't accepted a baptismal date but last Saturday we went over the Plan with his wife and he accepted a date for the 25 of next month. He said he should know by then if he needs to be baptized and so Elder Smith and I are really praying that he will receive that answer which we know he will by then. He has come to church twice and is really learning a lot.

I also have seen a lot of wonderful things happen with Fa**i and her family. I sat by them at church last Sunday and it made me so happy to see their oldest daughter Ga**lea who is about five, sing the hymns, fold her arms and say amen to every prayer, and go to primary. We are still working with little Sa*d is about three but also have made some
really big steps with him. We think he had a bad experience in primary or just doesn't like being away from mom and dad but he really doesn't like going to primary. Last week I took him away from mom and dad and went to primary with him. I stayed for five minutes and then left and came back at the end of class. He seemed to have a fun time and it was a huge step for him.

Well I am doing super good and still loving the missionary life. I have developed a love for learning that I never thought would come and I hope it doesn't go away. I am really trying to improve my Spanish and my teaching skills. I am working hard and loving every moment of it. Thank you all for your support and everything you have given me. I hope you all have a great week and remember to keep the people of the Bronx in your prayers they sure need it! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Sorensen

PS. Happy late Father's Day Dad! Card is in the mail. Got to go bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel...Don't you already KNOW that your mother has been planning a pick-u-up four month vacation for when you come home? I heard talk of all the sites that the willie hand cart company had to stop for the night!

LOL! I could totally see that happening, but it really won't...at least I was pulling your chain...Maybe Krista will read it and she'll buy that huge RV that Matt has wanted forever! Then we'd really be able to go!

Sure love you! Great work! Keep it up!

ps---that is sure a GREEN wall!!!