First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Friday, July 3, 2009

7.01.09

Family,

Hey we had a great week and Dan**la's baptism went great. It was kind of a hard week because Mig**l, our strongest investigator kind of dropped off. He was having problems at home and so he decided to move out. It was really sad for us and we tried to help him but I guess the problem was just too much. I think he will be moving out of our area but I'm not too sure.

So we had a big change already and it looks like I've got a big challenge coming up next cycle. It should be a lot of fun but it will be a lot of hard work. I'm basically opening a new area in the mission that hasn't been touched by Spanish missionaries for a while. To explain my old area was really big and because lack of funds for metro, we never went to one big part of the area. We just worked in one part of the area like all of the missionaries before us and did well. Well they have given that part of the mission to the ZL (zone leaders) and given us full metro so we have to focus on that part of the area. It is really far a way and there aren't any members out there but we basically have to jump start the new area. It should be a lot of fun, but like I said, a lot of work.

Right now because of the area changes we don't really have any investigators or people to work with. We are really working hard to start over and find some people to teach. The new mission president also came in today and so that will be a big change. The large group of missionaries is going home next week so I will be getting a new companion. I hope he likes to find in an area I don't know.

I don't have too many people to tell you about because there not in my area any more but I will tell you a little about the baptism. Last Saturday Dan**la was baptized which was really great for me to see. I don't really feel like I did anything to help her be baptized. We didn't find her, a member did, she accepted everything we taught her, and from the beginning she was way excited to be baptized. While I don't think I taught her much I learned a lot of patience from her. She was always busy and so we were really struggling teaching her before the baptism. She was just always helping other people and didn't have time to help herself. At first I felt uncomfortable baptizing her because we had only actually taught herf like five times. But with a lot of pray and talking to my companion we both felt like we couldn't deny her of the blessing of baptism any longer so after teaching a very short version of everything, we baptized her.

Dan**la is an older Dominican lady who, elder smith and I think is crazy. Lol. She picked Elder smith to baptize her because he looks like Joseph Smith from the movie. She also gave us this ginseng extract which she described, would make us very hyper like her. It was funny working with her and I hope the ZLs take care of her as a recent convert. I am also worried about Fanny and her family because they aren't in my area so I can't keep teaching them. I hope the ZLs will have enough time to help them in this new crazy world of Mormonism.

Well I've got to run and go get my hair cut by the old makeup artist of the Cosbys. I love you all and hope you have fun playing with fire. Don't get into too much trouble. Thank you for your support and letters. I also got that picture and cd from mandee. She is growing up too fast and has too much of my good looks for her own good. The cd was blank so if you could try again that would be great. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: