First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

7.12.09

Family!
Hey everyone how's it all going? Elder Wilkins and I did really great this week and counting the numbers we did even better than last week. We got 11 with members, eight new investigators, 3 at church and 4 with a baptismal date. The best I have ever done in my mission. As far as miracles we defiantly had our share each day.

Ma**a, the miracle of last week, will be baptized this next Sunday which will be really sweet! I am really grateful that I will be able to baptize with my greenie his first cycle. I never baptized with my trainer and it took three cycles to get one in at all. I am also really grateful to see that the Lord has made me an effective instrument in His hands to where I could baptize without a companion who knows more than me. Heavenly Father has really blessed me a lot and I have a ton to be grateful.

We also had mission conference yesterday and every time we hear from President Smith I feel the confirmation that he really is called of God to lead this mission. He is making a lot of changes in the mission which is a good thing but it will just be a little different. I am really excited to see more of his influence in our mission and the great things he will do.

Elder Wilkins is doing really great and he amazes me every day. He is learning really fast and has been a great help in our companionship. He got hit on by this over weight fourteen year old the other day which was pretty funny, but other than that he is having a great time. "Is that your natural eye color? Its beautiful." lol I have learned a lot from him and I hope we get to serve together for another cycle. I have been here in the Bronx for 5 cycles which is long time but the church now wants to keep the missionaries in their areas for longer which means I could stay. I hope I stay; I have really come to love this area and all of the people in it. I know how to work hard here and see results so I hope I get to stay for at least another cycle.

We met a lot of people right now but most of them seem kind of sketchy. One is a drug addict who is trying to drop over the counter drugs that replaced heroine, along with alcohol and cigarettes. Another doesn't remember anything about his parents or where he is from. We even had one guy tell us that back in Honduras; he was part of this huge gang and had killed 14-15 people. (Don't worry we dropped him quick!) I guess we should be grateful to be teaching people. A lot of our investigators are showing a lot of good progress and are really coming around. We had a great lesson with one named Ro*a yesterday and got her excited for baptism.

It is great to hear that you all are doing so great and staying so busy. It really sounds like you all have your plate full of things to do which is great. Keep pushing to do your best in all that you do and fulfill the measure of your creation. I know from experience that the Lord will help us do whatever is good as long as we stay faithful and rely on Him. I hope you all have a great week and do all you can to make it the best week. I will let you know if I will be staying here in the Bronx next week of if I have moved. Thank you for all of the prayers and thought of support. I can see them in action every day. I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: