First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

7.2.09?

Family,
Hey every one how is it all going? I had an amazing week with a ton of miracles. I know that I say that every week, but really this week was amazing. It was probable the best week I have had, as far as numbers go, in my whole mission. We hit all of the standards of excellence and had ten with member lessons! We also had three at church who all have a baptismal date!

I will start of with some of the biggest miracles we had this past week. The first was that as we were serving our bishop cleaning up his basement, another member working with us told us that he had a new investigator for us, his mom who just came from Mexico. So after working we went over and found out that she was baptized March of last year but never confirmed. So she has to get baptized again, which will be really easy because she already has learned it once. So we gave her a date for the 22 of this month and she could even be baptized before that! That was really cool and it will be my greenies first baptism.

The second miracle of the week actually happened a few weeks ago, but because I wasn't ready to receive it, it had to rehappen this week. A few weeks ago I got a call from this lady who visited the church in Utah and really wanted to go here. It was exciting at the time but after telling me where she lived, I thought she lived in a different area. I told her the direction of the other chapel and I didn't hear back from her until last Sunday. She said that our chapel was a lot closer and she wanted to come here. So I gave here directions on how to get here and she actually came! I got her address to give to the other missionaries and let her leave after sacrament. After thinking for a second I realized that she does live in our area and I had just let her leave without really talking to her. Luckily we were able to go over to her house that night and we give her a baptismal date. She seems pretty cool and again I am really happy for the miracle.

We found a lot of really cool people this past week and our area is on fire. The beginning of this week has looked really great too. This week we have already almost hit the standard of new investigators and with member lessons. Hopefully we will be able to double it again this week. I am really feeling confident in my teaching skills and with my Spanish. I know I have a lot to learn and a long ways to go but it feels good to at least think I know what I'm doing. The Lord will probably humble me again, so I better stop telling you all, how good I think I am.

It is great to hear that you all are doing so well. I wish I could be around to see everything but I also know that I wouldn't trade this for anything. I am doing really well and staying focused on the work, so much so that I guess I talk in my sleep about missionary work. Thank you all for your support and don't feel bad about not sending me mail. I am really bad at writing you all and I know that you are all really busy. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

2 comments:

deb sorensen said...

Talk in your sleep! My oh my, you're a dork! (don't worry, I do it too, but probably not about missionary work and I usually wake myself by saying something aloud...te he).

deb sorensen said...

ps...send us more PICS! We want to see you!