First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10.14.09

Family!

Hey everyone how's life? It's pretty crazy you all got snow this last week. It's
getting pretty cold here too. Elder Wilkins and I had a pretty good week, we are still
struggling on getting our investigators to progress but we have faith and we are putting
our trust in the Lord. I don't doubt the Lord has many things planned for us as long as
we stay worthy to receive them. We have been working on talking with everyone and have
seen a lot of fruit from it. For example we found this guy named Rich*rd who really has a
strong desire to turn his life around and sees that the gospel is the only way to do it.
Last night we taught him for the 2nd time and he committed himself to all of the things
we wanted to commit him to do. It was sweet!

So you wanted me to tell you more about my companion so here it goes. He is from Orem
Utah, lives right by the Provo Canyon. He has two older siblings, one who lives in Texas
with her husband, and the other is living there with his parents. He went to BYU before
the mission and wants to study to be a civil engineer. He has learned a ton in the past
three cycles and hopefully by the end of this cycle he will know everything I wished I
would have known at his age. His Spanish is good, his teaching is good, no complaints, he
just amazes me everyday. He will make a great missionary.

The old apartment of where the missionaries use to live got shut down because the
contract expired and it was costing the church a lot of extra money. They may not stay in
our pad for much longer but it saves a lot of money. In the church worldwide there is a
lack of eighteen-year olds, and for that reason there will be a lot less missionaries
here in New York. Normally we get a new group of missionaries every 6 weeks, but it looks
like we won't be getting any till February.

So the first district meeting I put together was all about training our members to do
missionary work. That has been the focus on mine for the past few months and we have put
together some really good ideas to help the ward. We have been teaching them a lot from
PMG which has worked great. The 2nd district meeting we had was about expecting miracles
and being a successful missionary. It has been a lot of fun being able to study for
missionaries and receiving revelation to help them

I am having a really good time in this area and I have grown to love it here a lot. It
feels like my mission is going by too fast and I just wish time would slow down so I can
get more done. I know I will grow a lot in a different area and I know the Lord will put
me were he needs me the most. Right now I'm trying not to think about leaving in a few
weeks so I can stay focused on these people here and now. I want to do just a little more
for the people here in the Bronx before I leave.

Well family, I love you all and hope you're all having a great week. I am still doing really
well here and loving life. There is no other place I would rather be. Good luck to you
all in this upcoming week, I hope it goes great. I love you all!

Elder Sorensen

PS. Happy late birthday G. Deanne!

No comments: