First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

10.21.09

Family,
Hey what up? We had a good week this past week and while we are still struggling with numbers, every thing is looking alright. The whole mission is in a down cycle right now but we are doing our part to bring it back up. This week was actually more exciting as far as things go. On Friday the ward had a big nations party where they had typical food and dance from each country. It is always the biggest party of the year and we had a ton of people there. It was really cool and we had a lot of fun even though we couldn't stay for the whole time. We made up a dance to an efy song and it actually turned out pretty good! We had a lot of fun doing it and the ward really enjoyed it. I'll send pics and a video of it.

The highlight of the week was probably yesterday when Elder Pace of the 70 visited the mission. We had a mission conference with all of the missionaries from the city all morning and then he gave a fireside to the members last night. President Smith asked me and my companion to role play in front of everyone, including the Elder Pace, teaching the restoration which was a little intimidating. I guess next time I won't sit on the front row! Every one said we did a great job and it was something I've done a million times so I guess no big deal.

Elder Pace really taught us a lot and told us that our mission is on a downward spiral and we need to get back to work. It was an amazing training and I think it really fired up the missionaries. I personally learned a lot about spiritual confidence and being bolder with my investigators. He also taught us to be more excited to be a missionary. We are trying to teach the world the greatest message since the life of Jesus Christ. We should be trying to tell everyone. We had our most solid investigator there named Glor*a, and she said she really liked it. She seems to be progressing really well and starting to feel the truth. We going to find out more tonight.

Monday was also a really good day for most of my district. It seemed like district meeting really fired us up and we all had a great day. I let one of the newer missionaries train us a little about street contacting and it went really well. He had been struggling with it before but now he fired us all up to do a better job speaking with everyone. It is such a noticeable difference when you strongly feel the spirit all day vs. just during lessons and every once and a while. Our focus of the week is talking with everyone not just because we are told to street contact, but out of love for the people. I have really felt a difference in the past few days about how I feel for these people. We found 10 news as a district that which was really good! We found this family who had a pet squirrel, weird Bronx people!

I really want to push my district to be better and do more. I've found it's a really hard balance of pushing them so they improve and showing them that you love them so they will listen to you. I think mostly everyone respects me in the district but I really want to push them to excellence. We all have been struggling a little bit in our own ways and we need to find a way to improve. I think we all just need to get more fired up about the work and if members aren't doing everything for us we will just have to get it done ourselves.

So over all it was a really good week. I have been beating myself up a lot because of lack of results with our investigators, but after a few personal studies and Elder Pace teachings I feel a lot more confident. This week should be a break of the downward spiral Elder Wilkins and I have been having, so hopefully all will go well. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Sorensen

PS no big requests. you know me, i don't know what i like. cheetos sound good. maybe popcorn, yea i like popcorn. no more of those weird power bars, the fruity ones. It was an adventure to try them but the results weren't so good. oh maybe some thin black cloth gloves that i can wear, that would be good. maybe a good hamburger or steak? I haven't had one of those for a long time. if only, there is no such thing here. ok thanks

No comments: