First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

10.8.09

Family,

Hey everyone, how it all going? I hear that Nick and Deb got there first house. That's awesome! I also hear Mandee and Savanna are becoming the next American idol. Just to let you know, the Lord tells us everywhere in the bible not to worship idols even if there American. Sorry, tough luck! Elder Wilkins and I had an okay week but conference was awesome! It is a lot different as a missionary and I definitely appreciate it more now. So many good things were said! I just wish everyone would apply them. That's the hard thing.

So we now have two more people living in our apartment because they shut another one down. It's really crowded but the elders are a lot of fun, so it's all good. I give a district training meeting every Monday and the first one went really well. There is going to be a lot of good things going for this district and our ward. There are a total of four companionships in my district including the zone leaders. We all live together, except one companionship which just lives next door, so it's all good. We are really close to each other because most of us were together last cycle. We should have a lot of success this cycle which is good because president, in my last interview, told me that this will be my last cycle here.

This week has started out really great, we have found two great families and we already have them lined up with members. The last interviews we had with President Smith got us all fired up and motivated to work harder. We don't have anyone really for this month, but president told us if we do all that we can we can find someone. He also told me I was one of the best missionaries in the mission, but I think he was just trying to butter me up for when he sends me upstate to the middle of nowhere.

Nothing really exciting has happened this past week that I can think of. I've been doing my best to work as hard as I can and to set a good example. Life as a missionary doesn't change up too much, well it hasn't for me. We do see miracles every day which is awesome and I think I should be more grateful for all that we receive. Conference was definitely the highlight of the week even if none of my investigators could come.

We have really been pushing to improve the ward here and it has been a lot of fun as we have changed up how we've worked. All of our members we teach using Preach My Gospel (PMG) which is such a big help. I have to carry around my PMG now, but it's worth it to help my members learn there roll in missionary work. Dad, I hope you know chapter 13 better than anyone because it's all about you, and chapter 9. Members are the key to success, now we just have to help them understand that.

So it's great to hear that you all are doing so well. It will be fun to talk to you all again and see the differences of time. I love serving a mission and I am so glad that I made the choice very young to become a missionary. I never imagined what can come from being a missionary and all of the blessing that are in store for us as we keep the commandments of the Lord. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

deb sorensen said...

Daniel, this is the best letter I've read from you! thank you for taking the time to include us in your thoughts about how you're feeling about things and how Pres is feeling about things. we love you so much and pray for you and your potential investigators daily. claire has started to say "amen" when we finish saying her prayers every night and during meal prayers. It's crazy to think that she's growing like a weed and will be speaking in sentences before I know what hit me. She's down to one nap a day...if she can help it. I prefer two. More time to move stuff around in the garage, etc. yes, we have a garage! LOL we love you so much!