First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

01.28.10

Hey family,

Sorry I didn't get this letter to you yesterday; it was a very busy day. Yesterday was probably the most fun I've had on a p-day. I tell you more later, but before I forget; I tried to send out a letter about the trip but failed to do so. I wanted to include a picture from Teddy's baptism but there wasn't a convenient time to print one. I will send it out tomorrow. But in a nutshell; I think we should just put the trip off and go spend time with Nick and Deb. It's not a big deal for you guys to come out here and I'll hopefully be too tired to do anything. We can all visit NY when we are all rich and not expecting babies. It would be more fun if we were all together anyways, it doesn't matter if we are in Utah or NY.

So yesterdays p-day: yesterday was one of the APs last p-day and since Elder Swan served with him and wanted to hang out with him we decided to get together with them. We went down and ate a free breakfast at a hotel, went to the top of Empire State Building and saw The Lion King. What a day! Right? It did cost me a lot of money but I figured I had been saving every penny of what people have given me and this was a good present to me. For Christmas and my birthday for the next few years.

Lion King was super amazing! I had never seen anything like it! The costumes and props and stage were crazy! It was a really good time and even though it cost a lot of money it was so worth it. The ES building was really cool too. The view was awesome and it was fun to point out things that I knew. We also went to the largest store in the world. Macys

Well I don't have a lot more time but this Saturday Dora, Darius and Nick are getting baptized. Nick is 18. Teddy's wife isn't a member, yet. We had a really sad thing happen where LuisaĆ¢'s boyfriend called and told us that she wasn't coming back to church. That hurt.

President asked us to give this sick baby a blessing. He told us that we needed to heal this baby so that the mother and father's hearts will be softened and they will join the church. I felt impressed to say an expression of Heavenly Father's love for the baby and that she will grow strong and be a great example to others.

I hope I got all of your questions, oh, Patricia brought the cookies but she hasn't accepted a date yet. We will get her tonight! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

deb sorensen said...

you're always way too giving, brother. We sure love you and we're SO EXCITED for you to be home! We are also so jealous of your fabulous pday! What an adventure! send pictures!

love you!