First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Friday, February 5, 2010

2.3.10

Hey everyone! How's it going? So Elder Swan and I are staying together in Manhattan for at least six more weeks. They are also doing something weird with the area and we will be covering the singles ward as well. That puts our area down to 125th. There will be another companionship in the same area so it will kind of be "first come, first serve." It should put some friendly competition into the work.

We had a good week; Dora and Darius were baptized. I changed my goal to 15 so I have 11 to go. Nick's dad wouldn't let him get baptized yet which was really hard. He has a more solid date for Feb 20, which will work. Nick's 18 but he wanted to respect his dad and wait until he learns a little more. He is totally ready but I probably would have done the same thing if it was my dad.

The baptismal service went really well except Darius was really scared. We had to close the doors and watch from the back so we could get it done. He was also difficult for the conformation but we got it done and all is well. I think I'm more excited to see the fruits of the gospel in their lives than they are.

Patricia still doesn't have a date. She is progressing; it's just little by little. We set some goals to help her stop smoking and hopefully it will help. We also found a really cool couple on Sunday who are doing really well. They are going to be going out of town for a week which will be hard but they are really excited to learn more. Teddy is also doing really well. He is a ward missionary and has been out with us 3 or 4 times which is sweet! He has really impressed me since baptism.

So with the way we have been teaching I've been staying in good shape. We are so busy we often have to run to appointments to get there on time. Yesterday we found four new investigators and taught 3 lessons with members. We basically ran all day. I need to go upstate to put some more weight on me!

Nothing else is really coming to my mind; it hasn't been much of an interesting week. How is everyone else doing? Greg, when are you going to be done with school? I feel like you've been there forever! Nick, how's your job treating you? What exactly do you do? Deb, how's that baby coming? When do you find out if it's a boy or a girl? I think you should name it Daniel if it's a boy. That's a good name I heard once. Mandee, what's up? How's music? Are you done with the piano? Because that means I get the grand! Ha! How's them boys? Savanna, what's good? Have you beat up your sister yet? I would if I were you. Don't talk to boys!

Well I love you all and let me know what we are doing for a trip. Vacations can be done at any time, babys just come when they want!

Elder Sorensen

hey in your next letter to griff will you put a few pictures from my cards in with the letter? Thanks

1 comment:

deb sorensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.