First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

2.17.10

Hey family,

Well I survived the snow storms but it looks like there will be more this weekend! Really, it wasn't that bad, we didn't get too much snow. The wind is always the worst part of the weather, it cuts to the bone. The week was a little harder than some but these weeks are what make the good weeks good. We tried really hard but we weren't able to find any new investigators. With everyone being baptized last month our teaching pool is looking a little slim.

We have been really busy this week trying to get new investigators. We set up street meetings all around our area. Street meetings is where we set up a table full of DVDs pamphlets, ect; and a sign up sheet to have us come.

Nick should be baptized this weekend! If all goes down right and his parents are still cool with it. We asked the mom to pray about it and later she told us that he could do it when ever he wanted. Pray that all will work out!

Patricia is also doing really well. She has really cut down on smoking and should be almost done with it all together. It still might take time for her to get baptized but she is definitely moving in the right direction. She is getting a lot of fellowship from the ward which is great.

Brianna the 9 year old is still looking good for early march. It's not a huge priority for the mom, which is hard because they are so busy and it's hard to meet with them. We are seeing them tomorrow, so we are going to see what we can do.

We had another multi-zone conference yesterday which went really well. Elder Swan and I both felt that our training went really well and we hope that it will make a difference in their mission. Most of our trainings have been mostly about application and different ways they can have success, but this training was more about having a spiritual change and getting the most out of their mission.

Dad asked about the ward. The family ward is really big and has really good attendance. It makes up mostly of artists, people who work in finance and accounting, musicians and students. Almost everyone is a young family who probably won't settle here. The singles ward is about the same but really small. The ward boundaries cover from 110th to the top, while the family ward is 155th to the top. I guess I cover almost half of the island but I never really go down that far.

I don't know what more you want me to tell you about my companion, what do you want to know?

The same kind of card works for my camera, it just didn't copy on to SD card. One of the rules is we can't use headphones.

Doesn't Mandee get strep a ton? I swear she gets it every year.
Hey Greg, how's dancing going?
Deb, glad to hear your fetus is doing well hopefully he will be named after me.
Mom, has uncle John gone to church yet? He was always one of my favorite uncles on your side. Driving around in his convertible, and sega boxing, so sweet! I think that was uncle John. You should send the missionaries to his house. (He got John and David mixed up.)

Well I love you family, I hope all is going well. Keep staying busy and working hard. It is so good for me to hear from you all. I know that I am a really bad writer, but I really enjoy receiving letters from everyone. I can't promise I will do better at writing but I will try my best.

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

deb sorensen said...

I'd say you're working hard, boy!