First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

3.10.10

Family,

Hey we had a good week, things weren't easy but they never are. I got your b-day
package, thank you so much. I will wait tell tomorrow to open it. I haven't sent the
picture card, Patricia still looks good for tomorrow, and I think for my birthday I will
go out and do some missionary work. I know that's weird but I think it's a great
idea. Lol. We went to the temple today which was great; it's always fun to go to the
temple.

Patricia is doing great and we are planning to have a good baptismal service. She made
all of the plans for whom to give the talks and even made invitations. She has to make a
lot of big changes in her life but at the same time she knows it's worth it. She is
going to fit really well into the ward and be able to make a difference.

The ward had a ward mission training last Sunday which was really great. The core of the
ward missionaries are really excited and trying to do missionary work. Bishop Boyle is
doing a great job leading them and I know that a great work will be accomplished in this
area. We don't have very many solid investigators after Patricia. They all seem to drop
off in one way or another. But I have faith that Heavenly Father has something planned
for us that we can't see.

I don't really know what's going to happen to me next cycle as far as transfers. I
think Swan is going to leave and I will stay but I could go back to the Spanish program.
Elder Swan is a great zone leader and everyone really looks up to him. I don't know if
I will be able to have the same kind of influence on our zone as he has.

We had a really cool experience last Monday. We were looking up some people bishop asked
us to look up before we went home. It was 8:30 and the look up wasn't home but even
though it was late and I don't like knocking doors late I decided to knock the floor.
One younger lady answered the door but didn't know the look up we were looking for. She
did tell us that 5 min before we knocked she got done watching the pbs program about the
Mormons. We asked if she wanted to talked about it and as we tried to set up a time for
latter that week she suggested right then and there. The spirit kind of slapped me in the
face for not teaching when I find. We taught a really good restoration and she had really
good questions. Elder Swan and I both felt like we took the words right out of each
others mouths. Some times it's really easy to see the spirit speak through you and your
companion. We set up another time for Friday morning to meet with her and hopefully all
will go well.

So sorry I keep writing short letters. I'm trying but I had to write a lot to president
this week about transfers. I hope your all doing well and loving life. I am doing all
that I can to lose myself in this work and I'm always trying to improve. I hope you
are doing amazing and have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: