First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Friday, March 26, 2010

3.26.10

My E-mail got cut off last week! sorry this is all i have saved, i will write more next week!

Family,

Hey everyone! I have been doing so well this past week and I must have gained 50lbs this week. I'm back into the spanish food and I'm love every bite of it! We get fed at least once a day and I always feel like I'm going to puke after each one of the meals. Mexican, Domincan, Ecuador...Hey maybe I will be able to finally break 150lbs, my life goal! I'm so pathetic...lol

So i am serving in my first branch here in the mission and from what I've seen the members are great. We live in the garage of the Ward mission leader who seems great. The Branch president is a white guy who seems a little overwhelmed but from what I've heard and seen, he is doing a great job. I couldn't imagine being a branch president in a Spanish program.

There are a ton of part member families in the branch and I'm really going to take advantage of it. A lot of unbaptized children. We have been able to set up baptismal dates with most of them and a teaching schedule so things should be great. The Daughter of a recent convert who is 21 will be baptized on the 3rd. Her name is Marisol. Her mom is one of the strongest recent converts I've seen and Marisol has a very strong testimony herself.

We are also teaching a Mexican family who should be baptized the 17th. They seem really cool and they love the missionaries and everything about the church. One of them just had a baby and hasn't been to church yet so we have to work on her. The mom also works every other Sunday but other than that they seem great!

Elder Oppe is from Brazil but he study Spanish in school so he was already fluent

No comments: