First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4.14.10

Family,

Elder Oppe and I had a great week full of lessons. We had mission conference yesterday and it was pretty much the same as the mission council. I hope everyone raises the bar in the mission. We have two baptisms this Saturday, Rocio and Nomis. Hopefully everything goes well for their interview today.

We are still working on the part member families here in the ward. The Rodriguez finally came to church which was great. Natali slept in but her dad came which is a step in progress. Neither one of them will make this Saturday, but we should be able to get them in soon.

We are working with a bunch of other people and a ton of them came to church last week. We had 8 people at church, 7 of which were our investigators and the other person we set an appointment with for this week. I should be able to hit my goal for total baptized if I stay in this area.

I had a cool experience giving one of the people we are teaching, Danilo, a baptismal date. I took what I learned for mission council and our role plays and I really felt the spirit guide me to know what to say. I simply said a silent prayer and then opened my mouth. The spirit really took over the rest. He accepted the commitment to baptized and acknowledged that he need to do more to learn.

I have really been trying to look for moment like this when i know the spirit is guiding me. I realize that everything comes down to recognizing the spirit and I have really been trying to do that. Hopefully the things I learn will stick with me for the rest of my life. I sure have learned a lot and I have to keep at it if I want to keep it.

Not that I've been trunky or anything but I've really thought a lot about how I want to finish my mission. There are a lot of lame missionaries who just give up the last few months of their mission and I want to do everything I can to not be one of those missionaries. Sprint to the end. I really want to have a companion who will allow me to work as hard as I can to finish my mission.

Well family thank you for all of your support and love for me. I continue to pray for you and hope all is well. I love you all and wish you a great week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: