First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4.1.10

Sorry I didn't get this out earlier. I was out of town. K.

Family,

Hey we had a great week with a ton of lessons and 7 people at church. This area is really primed to baptize. We have a baptism this sat after the 2nd session. Marisol’s mom was baptized in Feb and she is finally ready herself. Hopefully we will have a few more in April.

I got to go on a split with Elder Wilkins, the elder I trained, yesterday. He is doing really well and having a ton of success. He is one of the few missionaries that I can really relate to. The rest of the zone has a lot of good missionaries, a lot of people I haven’t served around too much. I hope I can make a difference in their mission.

I think I’m finally starting to gain weight here on the mission! It’s not confirmed but I will update you later. The members have been feeding us well and they all love us. For a branch and Spanish program it seems to function pretty well. I have been impressed on how well things run here.

Elder Oppe is doing well, his birthday is this Tuesday. He got to come on his mission when he was 18 because he dad was a mission president in Brazil, so he will be turning 20. Greg, what mission did you serve in?
I got the pictures from you guys! I haven’t listened to the cd yet but I’ll check it out as soon as I can. From what I see on the pictures it looks like I’m going to be on the next flight home, with a fresh razor in hand. (He is talking about how his sisters look. He always said he was going to shave their heads if things got out of control.)

We are still teaching this Mexican family who should be baptized on the 17th. Two of them bore their testimonies this past Sunday which was really cool. We are also teaching this philosopher guy who came to church last Sunday and loved it. He is very interesting. There are a ton of part member families in the branch and I hope to be able to baptize some of them. A lot of 9 year olds.

I am really looking forward to General Conference and I can’t wait to see it. It has always been a highlight of the mission. Well anyways I love you all and hope you have a great week! Thanks for praying for me!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: