First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3.11.09

Hey family,

So we had a pretty good week with lots of hard work and a few little miracles. I felt like last week was one of the weeks where we worked the hardest. We did our best to contact and call all of the time to get more people in our teaching pool. We didn't see a lot of results from our efforts but I know Heavenly Father is preparing some people for us. It is hard not seeing the results but I know that through our efforts we will find more people to teach and receive more miracles.

Some of our investigators are progressing well and moving along towards baptism. F doesn't think she will be ready for the 22nd but we will do everything we can to help her feel ready and then when she is ready we will be here. The family loves church and they really love the plan of salvation so that will help them keep progressing. J is also progressing, he came to church again last week but only stayed for the first hour. He doesn't really understand the need to be baptized again but in time he will learn of the truthfulness of the book of Mormon and the need for a restoration. The family T isn't really going anywhere so we might have to crack down on them a little more.

We have been working really hard to improve our missionary skills lately and trying to work more productively. There are skills that I will need to refine my whole mission but I feel like last cycle was really good for me and helped me become a better missionary. There are a lot of little things I didn't really think you would need to be good at, like being very organized, remembering people's faces and what happened when you talked to a million different people. It is very important to stay organized and do the little things that make the difference.

So one of the recent converts named Eliza, in this area is like our mission mom. She feeds us a lot and sometimes gives us groceries. She called me today and sang me happy birthday which was cool. She is making us a big dinner tomorrow which should be good. She is one of the most solid recent converts I've ever seen. She bore testimony last week at church which was really powerful.

Don't worry about my feet they are getting a lot better. I soak them every night and I take Advil when they hurt the most. The swelling is just on top but with time it will go away. Don't worry about metro or anything. I will be just fine.

I was actually thinking you could put some of that money in my account in a year long cd. I haven't used hardly any personal money on the mission and it would be better to earn some money off of it that to just sit there. Just an idea.

I did get the packages sent from you guys. Thank you very much. The foosballs have been a huge hit at the apartment and that's been a lot of fun.

Well I've run out of time here at the library so I've got to run. Thank you so much for the birthday packages and all that you do for me. Tell grandma I also got her package and loved it.
Also tell her not to spend anymore money on me; I've been spoiled long enough. Tell Greg and the girls good luck with their performances and tell Nick and Deb to keep up the great work. I will talk to you guys next week.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didn't mention how your birthday pie fared on it's trip across country to your mailbox! LOL
Glad your feet are getting better. You're wonderful!