First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

3.18.09

Hey family,

I had a good week full of miracles with a little more outcome of our hard work. I've been thinking about all of the miracles and blessings I've received and I decided to change things up and tell you the miracle of each day last week:

A week of miracles
Wednesday: 20 Years ago I was born. lol that's a miracle right?
Thursday: We got a referral for a less active member and started teaching this Family.
Friday: We had an appointment with our main investigator named F. We taught the word of wisdom and they brought up a lot of doubts, just about every doubt I've ever heard. But we taught a really good lesson and taught them the doctrine behind it. We helped them realize that their real question was whether Joseph Smith was really a prophet. They understood very well and committed to living the word of wisdom and all is good with them.
Saturday: from a blitz for the English elders we received 6 referrals and a family of five new investigators! Wow is all I have to say about Saturday.
Sunday: an active member that we have been teaching a lot brought a friend to church who asked us to come over.
Monday: We received three media referrals within 24 hours and one of which became a new investigator! The lesson didn't go very well because she loved to talk about this book she wrote that was "inspired by God" but she wants to hear more and she sounded really excited to read the Book of Mormon.
Tuesday: I have survived living in New York without getting shot, stabbed or mugged for over 6 months! I have realized that everyday is full of miracles and unless I learn to recognize them I will be really ungrateful and might not receive as many. The Lord has done so much for me and I am really grateful for the blessing I have in my life. I have learned so much from being a full time servant of the Lord and I know that I will continue to grow if I push forward.

Our investigators are doing alright, none of them look ready for baptism yet but we are going to keep helping them grow a testimony and then realize it. F might be ready by the end of the month if we keep her in our prayers and expect the miracles. J is coming to church and slowly coming along which is great.

I am doing really well and I can't complain about anything. I have had a lot of trials but I can only see how they have helped me grow. I did get the pie and all of your packages, thank you so much for them. I didn't do much for the birthday; we did go to Applebees which was good.

Tell the girls good job on the play and I am sad I had to miss it. I'm sure it would have been really fun to see. Say hi to everyone for me and keep working hard on everything. I love you guys and I will talk to ya next week!

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm...my favorite mircle on the week of miracles was: YOU WERE BORN 20 YEARS AGO! As cheesey as this sounds, I'm so grateful that you are around to help those people. I had a high school friend die suddenly one day right after we graduated. No car accident or anything. They aren't exactly sure what happened. At his funeral, his family spoke and said they all felt very strongly that God must have needed him as a missionary. GOD NEEDED YOU TO BE BORN TO SERVE THESE PEOPLE and I'm so glad that you are able and willing to do that. we love you, elder.