First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3.25.09

Family,

Hey family I had a pretty good week with many miracles. We had a lot of success in different areas and we were shown areas where we could improve. I am learning so much as I continue to push to be more Christlike and a better missionary. I have learned so much about the gospel and life in general and I am grateful that Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to serve Him. And while I am serving him, I receive more blessing than I can imagine.

We got one of our investigators to finally come to church that we have taught for a while now. Her husband was not able to come but hopefully they will both come next week. Her name is Mari. Fan hasn't come to church for a while and we are a little worried but she says she has just been busy.

We are also teaching a crazy weird/cool investigator named Ja. She speaks super fast and to add on to that we always bring hermano So who also speaks crazy fast. She has never really read the Bible and never talked to us before but she keeps quoting things from the BOM (Book of Mormon) and the bible. She also asks a lot of really deep doctrine like about the glorifying of the world and celestial marriage. She likes to learn so hopefully she will end up going somewhere.

The miracle of the week happened last night I went on a split with Elder Simmons and we kind of had a rough day all day. We were walking trying to figure out what to do because all of our appointments fell through. We walked past this couple and we said hi and I almost walked past them. The mission has been really stressing talking to everyone so I kind of turned around and started talking to them. I found out the husband had a really good friend back in his country who was a bishop of our church. He had always wanted to know more about us but just never really had the chance. They were right by their apartment so after we talked a little on the street they invited us in to their home. They have two teenagers and are a really cool family. They have a lot of good values and seemed really interested in hearing more about the church. We taught them a really short restoration and they told us they wanted to come to church and check it out. He told us that he knows all about the Catholic Church and Christian churches but he has always really wanted to know more about our church. He was also really impressed by the way we conducted ourselves in our speech and manners. They are one of the coolest families I have found yet on the mission and I really think they are going to go somewhere.

So as you can see I have been blessed and have been given so much. I know that I am making a difference in others lives and that I am doing the will of the Father. I am so grateful to be His servant and have a chance to do His work. Thank you for all of your support and strength that you have given me. I will fill you in with how things are going next week but for now I love you all and I will talk to you next week!

Elder Sorensen

PS happy anniversary Mom and Dad!!! Wow your old! Lol I am just kidding!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are Ja and her brother So Domicans? I know they speak crazy fast as a rule!

Sure love you, boy. Keep it up!

-nick, deb and claire