First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 4, 2008

Hey family,

How's life going? It was a little bit of a slow week and not much has happened in the past week. We didn't do very well as far as numbers but we worked hard and are doing the best we can. We had a huge cold front this week with a bunch of snow on Monday. It has been a little cold and kind of nasty but it will get warmer soon.

So I didn't want to worry you with this but I've been having some feet problems. They are almost better now but they got pretty bad. I guess I just walked too much because they were all swollen and there we times I could barely stand. Don't worry because I'm doing much better now. They almost had to transfer me back up state but I told them I was ok and I would tough it out. I should be able to walk normal soon but I'm doing all right so don't worry about a thing.

We have some investigators progressing but we are going to have to push to get someone baptized in March. F G should be getting baptized this month and we are doing everything we can to help her. We have some other investigators that could get baptized next month so we are working to help them progress. We just need to get more people coming to church and that will help us out a lot. President Searle made us a promise that we would get two new baptismal dates this week so we are pushing to fulfill that promise. I am really trying to be diligent and contact everyone and be guided by the Spirit.

We had transfers this week and there are a lot of big changes coming soon. Elder Christiansen and I are staying together which makes it his fifth cycle here. It should be fun and I'm sure we will see a lot of miracles together.

Every once in a while we have what's called a Zion companionship, which travels the mission visiting all the areas and helps out companionships. This cycle it is two sisters which is weird because they can only help the other sisters and there isn't that many sister missionaries. It will be interesting to see how much they end up helping the mission. Also around my year mark a group of twenty missionaries will be leaving which are all the leaders I know. That is a huge group leaving and at that time we will be getting a new mission president. All the leadership will change and it's going to be very different.

So I made it a goal to read the standard works during my mission and I'm doing pretty well. I just finished the Book of Mormon and by my birthday I will be done with the Old Testament. I should be finished with the standard works but the end of May and then I will move on to Jesus the Christ. I've set a lot of goals for myself and I'm doing all I can to fulfill them. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm working hard enough and there are always ways to improve, so I am pushing to be better and better as I serve.

So it sounds like everyone is doing really well back home. I think you guys are crazy for all the projects you've been doing. I am excited for you and the production of the play. Will nick and deb get to see it?

Well I love you all and I'm praying for your wellbeing. Keep up all of the hard work with school and missionary work. Thank you for all of your support and prayers! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

PS. Happy Birthday Savanna!

PPS. Grandma,I finally got your letters; there was a hold up at the office. Thank you for writing. I did like those granola bars but don't worry about sending me anything. As a missionary I don't really need anything and I get feed a lot but the members. I'm really proud of you and all that you are doing. Keep up the good work and I will keep up my prayers for you. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not at all suprized that you didn't tell us about your poor feet, Elder. Your mom is probably worried about it as we speak and the danger has (hopefully) past! You have a lot of courage and we're rooting for you.

Yes, we'll get to see the girls' show.