First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

4.8.09

Family,

We had a really great week this past week and I spiritual high from the weekend. I really enjoyed conference and loved seeing all of the themes and patterns from the leaders of our church. Then yesterday we had mission conference which is always really good and then we went to the temple today. I have seen so many miracles this week and I am really grateful for the blessing I have received.

Last week I received a stronger testimony from street contacting and this week my testimony on media referrals grew. On Monday, from a media referral, we found a family of five new investigators. On Tuesday we found another from a recent blitz. Wednesday we got three more news from a media referral and then Thursday we found yet another new investigator. We had a total of ten new investigators and did really well with our other goals. We had three at church to see conference which was a little below our goal but we did really well with all of our other goals. Ml and her husband accepted a date last Sunday which was another miracle. He hasn't been to church yet but she has come and really liked it. I am excited for them and I hope to see them progress. Fy is also doing well but she hasn't accepted a date for baptism. We are doing our best to be patient and help her grow a testimony. I am really excited to see how every one progresses.

I really enjoyed conference and I learned a lot about myself and how I can improve. Elder Holland's talk was really amazing, and I enjoyed the one about temples. I learned I need to focus on getting people to the temple instead of just baptism. They were all really good and I learned a lot about the atonement and how to better apply myself to the mission. Zone conference was also really good and I learned a lot about being a charitable missionary instead of a dutiful missionary. I need to put my whole heart into this work and not just do this because I am suppose to. This has been a great opportunity to learn and grow. It is great to hear that the family is doing so well. You all sound like you are striving to do your part in the Lord's kingdom and I am proud of you all. I am really grateful for my family and the example they have been for me. I want to be a father just like my father and marry someone as good as my mother. You have done an amazing job as parents and even though I gave you a really hard time, I have learned a lot. Thank you for being supportive and pushing me to do my best. I love you all.

Elder Sorensen

PS. I have been receiving letters from grandma and she let me in on the fact that she was preparing for the temple again. I have been praying really hard for her and now that the time has come I am so proud of her. I know that eternal families are one of the greatest blessings we can receive and I will be grateful to have her with me.

No comments: