First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4.22.09

Hello family!

Well I am with Elder Smith, again. Lol. I served with him for two cycles in Yonkers and now we are back together here in the Bronx. He only has one cycle left after this one so if one of us doesn't get transferred next time I will probably be here until August. It will be a great chance to serve with him again and hopefully we will find another P**la. Her daughter now has a baptismal date as well as one of her friends so it is great to see some fruit from my work in Yonkers.

We had a fairly good week with a lot of work. We had a total of nineteen lessons which is really good for us but no one came to church which was a bummer. Fa**y now has a date for next month and she is progressing well. We are trying to work on her testimony of the book of Mormon by giving her special reading assignments. She has quit coffee but they didn't come to church which isn't good. I know she will keep progressing and keep her commitment to be baptized.

Last Sunday I started to realize how hard a mission is. We had a really great week and had a lot of people lined up for church but none of them came through. I don't mind walking 10 miles a day with broken feet or getting doors slammed in my face over and over again, but I can't take the fact that we present such an amazing opportunity to people and they don't realize it. I am starting to think like Satan and want to take away everyone's agency! Lol. I just wish I could better show these people the blessings I have received and the blessings they could receive by sampling going to church, reading the scriptures and praying.

What I know and what keeps me going is I know there are people out there, who need to hear my testimony. I know out of the thousands of people I talk to, a few need to hear my voice. I am doing everything I can to lose myself to this work and giving everything I have to the Savior. I have been blessed all throughout my life and I am trying to give the only thing that is really mine to give, my will and all of my heart. Heavenly Father has given me my time, my life, family, everything. I can give my will to him. I strive to be like the Savior and say, not my will but thy will be done.

Well it sounds like everyone is doing great there and staying on track. The longer the girls put off driving the better. Less boys/dates, less late nights, and a perfectly good car when I get back! Dad asked about my area which is the Bronx, the craziest city here in New York. There are buildings everywhere with a few little parks here and there. New York is really green so there are trees and things but mostly it's all buildings. I live in one of the poorest zip codes in the states, so there are a lot of really poor people. It is pretty gross here but like dad said I don't really care about my area I am just trying to build the people. I have really learned a lot from the scriptures and the examples of the apostles and prophets. I have received a love for the scriptures that I never thought I would have.Well I love you all and thank you for your support and encouragement.

Anything from Oregon would be great, just make sure you flat rate the package so you don't have to pay for the weight. I am heading off to go see the Yankee's game with about twenty other missionaries. I love you all and I will talk to you next week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: