First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

4.1.09

Hey family,
So we had a great week and an even better start to this week! We had a blitz in our area last Saturday, which we got about nineteen referrals from, which is great. Then on top of that we have been getting a lot of media referrals so the miracles are coming we just have to do something with them. We have been crazy busy lately, which is a good thing because I don't like not knowing what to do. We are trying to get as many people as we can to conference and we have a ton of people in our teaching pool. It has been crazy but still a lot of fun.

The family of four didn't make it to church. The mother was feeling sick, but we should be able to meet with them sometime this week. We have been teaching Ja a lot lately which is good but she wasn't able to come to church. We had like ten people promise that they would come to church this past week but only Fy and her family were able to come which is great. The mission is really a rollercoaster of emotion; you can be full of hope and then see disappointment just like that. I am doing all I can to stay positive and see the blessings each day.

This week has started off to a really good start. On Monday we found a family of five who we are seeing again on Friday. They are all really cool and I am really excited because it's a whole family which we don't get to teach that often. Then on Tuesday we found another single mom who seemed interested in learning more after we taught her yesterday. It has been a really good start of the week and I hope the rest of it is as good as Monday and Tuesday.

One of the blessings of being a missionary is seeing how much people really do love us. No one wants to listen to our message but everyone acknowledges us as servants of God. For example, everyday we walk past this street vender who sells really good chicken and I always say hi and ask him how he is doing. Yesterday he gave my companion and me a bunch of free food just because I was a nice guy to him. Then later that day an old investigator who sells coco helado (kind of like ice cream) on the streets gave us a free cup which was nice.

So as you can see we have been receiving many miracles and trying to do our best to serve. I am really trying to improve my teaching skills and do all I can to be a better missionary. Thank you for all of you support and please keep us the prayers. Please tell the following thank you for b-day cards and packages: The Farvers, Grandpa and grandma, Grandma Mickey and Greg. Thank you for all of your support! I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

Elder Sorensen

PS. sorry its short I've run out of time.

No comments: