First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

7.30.09
















Family!

Hey everyone! How is it all going? Elder Wilkins and I had a great week together and we have really been working hard and have been seeing miracles. I have had a lot of fun training and working in this new area and I'm really growing to love this area. Maybe because I've been here for over 6 months, but it still is getting better and better. I really love this mission life and I can't really think of my life without every half an hour planned with backups! lol

Elder Wilkins and I have been doing great as far as numbers. We found eight new investigators last week which was really great. I am really trying to focus on expecting miracles with Elder Wilkins and last Sunday we had great miracle of finding a total of 6 news 4 of which were a really cool family. We found the first two looking up old potentials and tracting around them. Then after tracting for a while more we only had two hours to find three more. So I contacted this lady on the street who ended up having a ton of family who were members and who let us in to teach her and her four girls! It was really great to get what we had focused on and to watch the Lord take care of us after we had given it our all.

I am still focusing on getting people to church and I have no doubt that the Lord will help me this week. I know the weakest part of our area is being able to get people to church so I am doing all that I can to make getting people to church the strongest part of our area. We are really focusing on becoming master teachers in every appointment. I know we can hit standard this week in all of our key indicators.

I am really becoming comfortable with my teaching skill and speaking Spanish. I know I have a ton to learn still but I have really realized how much the Lord has blessed me. I still need to rely on Him and work as hard as I can to be able to have miracles be given. Where more is given, more is required so I guess the Lord is expecting more from me. I am willing to give it my all and continually push to improve.

So it sounds like you are all doing really well. I didn't get a letter from dad, but I'm sure he just sent it late. I hope you are all having a great summer.

Nick-I do know Elder and Sister Morris, they were a senior couple here in New York. How did you meet them? How is your new job coming?

Mandee-I want a detailed report on your date by the end of the week.

Greg-great job with the dance performance. You better hurry up with the whole getting married thing or I might just beat you too it! lol Don't take offense. I'm only kidding

Savanna-congrats on the whole young women's gold medal thing! I'm sure it was a lot of hard work and you really learned a lot from it, if not at least you can say you won a gold medal as a young woman. Your going to be like that shoung wee lady or what ever her name was for winning a lot of gold medals in ice skating.

Anyway family I love you all and I hope you're all doing great. Sorry for my lack of writing, I just have no time. I hope your week is all great and you all do something good this week!

Elder Sorensen



1 comment:

deb sorensen said...

I'm out of pics to add, Krista. If he sends you more and you want me to post them, let me know. I didn't realize I used them up so quickly until I was looking for new ones to add today.

sorry!

deb