First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9.30.09

Family!

So it looks like I haven't done everything here that the Lord wants me to do because I'll still be here for another month and a half. That will be a total 7 cycles which is10 and a half months here in this area which is a long time but it should be a lot of fun. I've never really heard of someone staying that long but that's how the first presidency wants it to be so I guess that's how it's going to be for a lot of missionaries. I will also still be with Elder Wilkins for another cycle which is great. He is a good missionary and we have had a lot of success together.

President also called me to be the new district leader here in this ward which will be yet another challenge. Most of the elders stayed the same for last cycle so I know them fairly well. It is a really good group and we should have a lot of success together. I'm going to have to learn real quick how to do everything and be a leader. I am excited for the chance to grow and learn more.

Elder Wilkins and I had a good week but we still have a lot of improving to do. This area has so much potential and I don't think we are using it to its full potential. We could have a lot more success if we start working smarter. Little by little we are learning how to be better and I know we are going to have a lot of success together this next cycle. We have set up a lot of things with the members and so hopefully we will see some fruit.

We had a really cool lesson the other day with Ralph, our recent convert, which really shows the power of the Holy Ghost. We were going over the plan of salvation again explaining everything in a little more detail. Usually he doesn't talk a whole lot, he will answer questions but in very few words. Friday, he was talking up a storm and really opening up to us and showing his understanding. It was great and we could really feel the spirit.

Well it sounds like you are all doing amazing and really working hard. I hope everything works out for you guys. The Lord really blesses us when we are obedient to His word. I wish I had more time to talk to you all but you know how it is. All I can say is that I'm doing amazing and I love the work. Life can't get any better than this for a 20 year old. I love you all and I will talk to you next week!

Elder Sorensen

PS: have you heard anything from Griff?

1 comment:

Dr. Kimberly Miles said...

Elder Sorensen,
We are so proud of you! We have so enjoyed this journey of yours. Thanks to Deb for keeping us posted through your blog.