First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

11.03.09

Hey Family! How's life?

Everything here has been great and we all had a great week. Time is flying faster than ever and I am pushing myself to make this the best week I've had in this area. This is probably my last chance, so I'm doing all that I can to make a difference here in the Bronx.

Last Sunday a guy named Dan*lo was baptized by some elders in my district. The thing that was so cool about it for me was that he was found by my recent convert, Dan*ela. She gave a powerful talk at the baptism how all the members are slacking and they need to work harder to bring people into the fold. She is going to be a powerful influence here and I can't wait to hear how things go. She has a very interesting personality that I will never forget. Probably one of the most energetic older people I've ever met.

I got to go on a split with one of the zone leaders back into part of my old area. I got to visit Dan*ela and Fan*y which was really awesome. They are both doing so good and growing a ton. Fa*ny is having a little trouble with her husband, but she is holding strong. Her two kids, who are about 4 and 5, said the opening and closing prayers which just brought in the strongest spirit.

We had been teaching this really cool guy named Pedr* who is progressing a lot. He has been to church two weeks in a row now and also came to the end of a baptism. I don't think I will be able to see it, but I'm sure by the end of the month he will be baptized. My district is on fire right now. We had one baptism last week and four more this weekend. As a district we have a higher goal for baptisms this month than some of the zones in the mission.

District meeting was really good this past week, but not as good as last week. We talked a lot about personal conversion through the gospel and how to apply it with those we teach. The mission is focusing on hitting the goals of 10 contacts every day, 20 total lessons and 5 total news for the week. Every one seems to be fired up and we are all seeing success!

We are starting to see a lot of fruit from working with the members so much. We have received a lot of member referrals and a lot more of the people we are teaching right now are from those referrals. Member referrals are a 100 times better than door knocks so we are pretty excited. I'm really glad for the chance I had to be companions with Elder Wilkins, he has taught me a lot and we have had a lot of success together. He is going to be one of the best in the mission for sure. (And not just because I was his trainer. lol)

Well we are heading off to the Natural History Museum so I will catch you all later. I hope you all have a great week and don't go on any dates with any boys. I love you all and hope your doing well. Thank you for your support and the Halloween packages. Please thank the Farvers for their huge packages as well! (Don't worry mom I will send a thank you letter, you've trained me well!) Have a great week!
Love Elder Sorensen

PS. clothes and shoes are holding up fine. I had one pair resoled and they need it again but its cheap. I may want a few more white shirts and some garments. The suits are pretty haggard but I've got two other ones that are still new I can wear when these are done.

No comments: