First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11.18.09

Family!

Hey everything is going good here in Manhattan. I'm loving life in this sweet English ward working my tail off. The ward here is truly amazing from what I have seen and really missionary minded. I see a lot of success coming from this ward and I hope I can learn my way around quickly to contribute more in planning and finding. I know that the Lord is confident in what I can do and who I can become so I have to step it up and work a lot harder.

Teaching in English is definitely a lot different; not only with the people but with how I describe things. Teaching in Spanish has really taught me how to teach simply and clearly because of a limited vocabulary. Now that I'm teaching in English I have a little more freedom in what I can say but I find it much more complex. The people also can be very different. Because I'm in New York there is a wide variety of people and in the Spanish culture mostly everyone is very humble and poor. In English you have a much larger scale of people. Most white people here are Jewish. There are also lots of African Americans too. I'm having a lot of fun learning new things and I am sure I will grow a lot from this area.

Our teaching pool is actually pretty big as of now. Elder Swan and I found 7 news together and hopefully we will be able to put them in the water this December. We also have two who are progressing towards baptism named Angie and Dora. Angie has felt strong confirmations about the church but is hesitant because of her mother who is Jehovah Witness. Dora has also felt really good about church but we still need to teach her a lot. She also has a son that could get baptized with her.

So the area I cover is from 155th to the top of the island which consists of Washington Heights and Inwood. Washington Heights have the nickname of Dominican heights because it consists of mostly Dominicans. Inwood is a little nicer and there are a lot more Jews. I don't really know a lot about my area yet because I just got here. The George Washington Bridge is in my area which is cool but I don't really know much about my area yet.

Elder Swan and I taught our first zone training this last Monday, which I felt went well. We had a big combined zone conference and president along with the assistants and others trained us. It was a really good conference and I really learned a ton. I really enjoy preparing to give trainings because of the amount I really learn myself. When I would prepare trainings for District meeting I learn so much about receiving revelation and teaching others. Now I am learning much more as a zone leader and I hope to gain a lot from this experience in which I could bless the lives of others.

Congrats again Mandee of making all state choir. You truly must have grown a lot to be able to get that far. Just make sure you are putting your grades first because that's what's going to matter to get into school. I want both of you girls to also remember the importance of personal scripture study. What we learn at school has little importance compared to what we learn from the scriptures. Sorry for so much advice, I know I'm being the annoying know-it-all brothers. I just wish I would have spent more time with things that really mattered instead of focusing on less important things.

That was a sweet elk hunting story dad! You'll have to send me some pictures and let me know how the Utah hunt goes. I swear I'm the bad luck charm in the family when it comes to hunting. Lol Man I wish I could have been there. All we are doing when I get back is hunting and fishing!

Well family I hope the rest of you are all doing great and loving life. I'm sorry I can't write more I wish I had more time. I am doing really well and loving life like usual. Thanks for everything and keep working hard. I hope you all have a great week and I will talk to ya all next week!

Elder Sorensen

PS. You can send letters here to the apartment but it's best to send packages to the mission home and I will get them on Sunday. I'm having Elder Wilkins send a package home with picts for me from the Bronx so you should get it when ever he sends it.

My address is:
20 Laurel Hill Terr. #1A
New York, New York 10033

Please send any packages to the mission home
700 White Plains Rd. suite 315
Scarsdale NY, 10583

No comments: