First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

7.15.09

Family!

Hey life is still doing great here in the Bronx and I'm loving every moment of it. We had mission conference last week and I was really impressed by the new mission president. He definitely has a different personality, but I know it will be really good for the mission. He seems really excited and from what I've heard he has a lot of great ideas for the upcoming trainings. We will be having a zone conference at the end of the week so we will be able to hear more from him then.

I am training Elder Wilkins this cycle and he has been doing really great. His Spanish is a lot better than when I first got into the field and he really has a drive to learn. From the other greenies I've seen I feel like I got the best pick so it should be great. I am doing the best I can to be patient as he learns all of the little rules we have and as help develops his Spanish and teaching skills. I think I will end up learning a lot more from training than he will learn from me. I have to teach all of the lessons by myself, plan, find everything is kind of on me for a little while. It is a little stressful but I'm excited to learn and we have had a couple of great days already this week and we are excited to keep moving forward.

The new area is coming a long slowly but surely. We have been working really hard to find new people in the new area but it is a lot of tough work. We have to spend a ton of time finding and so we are trying to think of more creative ways than knocking doors. Elder Wilkins brought a great idea from the mtc to use side walk chalk to write messages about plan of salvation, questions of the soul, ect. That was a lot of fun but we haven't seen too much success from it. We are trying to work with what members we have a surprisingly we have been getting a few referrals from them.

It's great to hear that you got to go visit Griff and everyone in Idaho; I hope they are all doing great. I wish I had more time to write everyone but there just isn't any time. The Lord is really providing for each us in each moment of our lives. He sees the big picture and knows all of the small things that need to be done for each and every one of our salvation. I am really excited to be able to be a small part of just a few people's salvation. I am doing all that I can to be an effective tool in the Lord's hand and I am really giving Him everything I've got. Thank you for your support and I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Sorensen

No comments: