First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

pics...

I've been out of town for the last three posts and couldn't get the pics up while I was gone...here are a few to make up for it!


-deb























Family,
Hey every one it sounds like you are all doing really good and I'm excited to hear all
of your news. Congrats to Nick and dad for their new jobs I know that will be great. I
have been really impressed on how much all of you have grown and all that you have done
in such a short time.

I didn't do anything really for my year mark and kind of forgot about it until you all
sent the package. It was a great surprise and my roommates and I loved it thanks a lot! I
guess in a way today I celebrated it by going to another Yankees game. Elizabeth got us a
bunch more tickets so we all went and it was a blast. Time has really flown by fast and
now that I'm a year out, it makes me feel like I am running out of time to do all that
the Lord wants me to do. I have to work a lot harder, and now that I have some
experience, I have to start working a lot smarter.

I had a great week and I'm really enjoying training. Elder Wilkins is really learning
fast and I know he is going to be a lot better missionary than I am. I am also kind of
proud of myself in a very humble way of course. In a new area and training I have been
able to keep the same kind of numbers that I had with Elder Smith last cycle. That has
shown me that the Lord has really blessed me with a lot of miracles and taught me a lot.
I of course have a ton to learn and am no where close to being the kind of missionary I
want to be. I am just grateful that the Lord has blessed us with so many miracles in the
past few weeks. They are nothing big but finding a new or talking to some one cool is
always a big miracle to me.

We had one person come to church last week named Marianna, but she isn't the most
solid. I need to study better and increase my teaching skills. We are finding the news
and teaching with the members now the rest is up to our ability to bring in the spirit to
bear testimony of the simple doctrines of the Kingdom. We are having zone conference
tomorrow which will be great because I always learn so much and end up having a great day
after.

The Lord has blessed us with so many miracles and we have found a ton of new people. We
are always in the right place at the right time because we make plans, let the Lord know
what our plan is and then He puts people into our path. Last week we were just looking
for this person who moved and when we found out he didn't live there, I about turned to
leave but then I just remembered to asked if they wanted to hear our message. She
accepted our invitation and became a new. Yesterday we went to go teach this person who I
didn't think would go anywhere but then his girlfriend was there too and the lesson
went really well. Those are just examples of miracles I see every day and what I have to
be grateful for.

Well I have to get running but again I am really proud of you all and am thankful for all
that you have done for me. I hope you all have a great week and keep working hard.
Congrats again Nick on the sweet new job and thanks for writing me a letter. I love you
all and I will keep praying for you. Have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

No comments: