First day

First day

Elder Sorensen's Current Mission Address:

My address is:

Just send everything to the office, where you send packages. I live right by the office and go there every week.





Mission Home Address:

New York, New York North Mission
700 White Plains Road Suite 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Packages should be sent to the mission home address to keep our elders safe.

How to use:

1. Feel free to comment to our boy by using the comments listed directly below the post. When he comes home, I'm sure he would love to go back over all of his letters and read the comments that others added to encourage him. All you have to do is click on the

0 Comments (or sometimes it lists how many there are).

2. In most cases, the names will be changed to prevent too much personal information from getting out.

Thanks for reading his letters. I'm sure he would love to know how many people ARE reading and how much we all love him and what work he's doing!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

7.9.09

Family!
So I just gave birth today to my first son on the mission. His name is Elder Wilkins from Orem Utah. For some reason they trusted me to be a trainer and I guess we will see how it goes. Now not only am I opening a new area but I also have to train! I guess it will mostly me on me for a while. I am definitely a little nervous. New missionaries don't know anything and they expect me of all people to teach him everything. Elder Smith went home today along with a ton of other missionaries so it was sad to see them go.

So last week was a little bit of struggle but we worked hard and it paid of in the end. The area we are opening is actual part of my old area but because it was so far away and there was plenty to do here close Spanish missionaries haven't been there for a long time. So what they did was give part of my area to the ZL and gave me full metro so we can go out there whenever we want. We still have a part of our old focus area with a lot of members but in our new focus area there isn't very many members and no old investigators, referrals or any other useful information. So we have been trying come up with as many ideas to find new people but we just have been knocking a lot of doors and talking to people in the street.

All last week was really hard because we couldn't really find anyone out in our new area. We worked really hard but just didn't see any success. Only one old investigator came to church but we found out she is moving and the other investigator we had, Miguel who came to church, moved to our old area so now he's out. We gave the ZL three new investigators with a solid date from our old area and they all came to church. So every one we were working with is not longer in our area.

At the beginning of the week we found two people who were ok not too cool but other than that nothing. So we had a goal to find six investigators and by Sunday we only had two. We worked really hard but a lot of our appointments cancelled. But because we worked really hard the Lord blessed us with a few miracles. One of the appointments we set that cancelled, showed up so we were able to teach them. Miracle one, two new investigators. Miracle two, after tracking we found a couple equaling six new to hit our goal.

The biggest Sunday miracle was two new investigators that a member brought to church. It was from the ZL, they had been working to get that member to bring them to church so now they have a date and we are seeing them Friday. It is the sister and daughter of a really cool member so it should be a really good referral. So we ended up getting eight new investigators which was sweet!

Well I've got to run but I love you all. Sorry I can't write more I've run out of time. I didn't do much for the 4th, we had to be in the house by 6:00 and we just played a game of risk. Don't worry about sending a new suit, I have four and it's just the lining that's messed up. I plan on just using it until I can't and move on to my other suits. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know the whole mission lingo pretty well, but did you really just tell me you GAVE BIRTH!? LOL! What a dork you are!